The Buffalo Home Show is back and Better Business Bureau of Upstate New York is thrilled to be a sponsor again this year! From a variety of vendors to designer rooms to celebrity presenters, there is a lot to do and see.
The following Accredited Businesses will be on display at the show, which runs March 6-8 and March 13-15:
A Best Inc.
A-1 Concrete Leveling
AAA Western & Central NY
Adams Door Co Inc.
Allegany Mountain Resort
Allstate Roofing & More
Amherst Alarm Inc.
ARB Heating & Cooling
Black Rock Roofing (1946) Inc.
Buccilli Renovations, LLC
Buffalo Niagara Association of Realtors
Buffalo Solar Solutions
Buffalo's Best Roofing
Capital Heat Inc.
CertaPro Painters of WNY
Chameleon Pools & Concrete Inc.
CIR Electrical Construction—Solar
Collingwood Roofing & Waterproofing
Countryside Stove & Chimney
Custom Carpet Centers/Karndean
Custom Interiors Kitchen & Bath
Decks By Design
Dubs Construction, LLC
Energy Smart NY/Home Comfort
Felgemacher Masonry/Brush & Brick Chimney Sweep
First Buffalo Total Basement Finishing
Fitch Construction Inc. & Four Seasons Sunrooms
Five Star Improvements
Frank's Basement Systems
Frank's Mr. Plumber Heating & Cooling
G & G Fitness Equipment Inc.
Go Green Environmental
Good Health Saunas
Grassman Lawn & Landscape
Hamburg Overhead Door Inc.
Hamilton Building Services
Hart To Hart HomeStore
Heatwave Heating & Cooling Inc.
Indoor Air Professionals Inc.
International Stone Gallery
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning
Ivy Lea Construction
Jameson Electric, Heating & Air
Kamholz Landscape Construction
Kitchen Tune Up
Kohler Awning Inc.
LeafFilter Gutter Protection
Leveled Contracting Inc.
M Property Restoration & Roofing
Metro Mattress Corp.
Miracle Method of Western NY
MJ Peterson Real Estate/Property Management
Modern Windows of NY Inc.
National Overhead Door Inc.
Neverwet Basement Waterproofing
Niagara Hardwood Center
Pace Window and Door Corp.
Paint of WNY
Paradise Grilling Systems
Pool Brite Inc.
Premier Kitchen Cabinet Refacing
Property Optics Irrigation & Lighting
Pure Air Care
Queen City Painting
REM Sleep Solutions
Renewal By Andersen
Ridge Overhead Door of North Tonawanda
Roy's Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Siegel Landscape & Drainage
Softub Express (a division of Pettis Pools)
Stockmohr Company Inc.
Sunbeam Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Sunroom Additions & Improvements Inc.
SunSetter Awnings by Semco
The Buffalo News
The Gutter People of WNY Inc.
The Kaz Companies
The Vinyl Outlet
Utech Basement Waterproofing
Wayne Block Development
Window Factory Outlet
Window World of Buffalo
X Factor Coatings
Zenner & Ritter Home Services
No matter what piques your interest this home show season, we encourage you to learn everything you can about your potential contractor before signing an agreement. Here are some other helpful home show tips to maximize your time and minimize your stress:
- Familiarize yourself with the show’s layout. Visit the show’s website in advance and locate appealing vendors. Check for discounts and coupons being offered and research vendors on bbb.org. Look for the Accredited Business seal being displayed at booths as these companies meet and uphold BBB Standards.
- Be prepared. Develop a list of questions for potential contractors so you don’t overlook something as it is easy to become distracted at a show. Recognize and keep to your budget while maintaining clear goals to avoid being pressured into making an impulse commitment on the spot.
- Comparison shop. Collect information and marketing materials and ask questions. Engage with booth owners, obtain specifics on pricing and services and have a clear understanding of company policies and warranties. Consider creating a separate email address specifically for show correspondence to avoid overloading your personal email account. Before signing up for drawings, contests or services, find out how your contact information will be used and carefully review privacy policies. Beware: direct mail, email offers and telemarketing phone calls may increase. Make sure you aren’t authorizing your information to be sold to third-party marketers.
- Stay on budget. Avoid impulse spending and stick with goals. Steer clear of high-pressure sales tactics. Do not feel pressured to buy expensive items or services right away as returns and refunds can be challenging. Save receipts and other purchase paperwork. If searching for specific businesses or products, come prepared with clear objectives and budgets. Pay for expensive merchandise with credit cards. Monitor accounts in case unauthorized charges need to be contested.
- Verify license and insurance. Always be sure the company you decide to work with has the necessary licenses and insurance to work in your state.
- Avoid paying in full. BBB recommends limiting a deposit to no more than one-third of the total cost of the project and to set up a schedule of payments based on the job’s overall progress. Get all details of the project in writing in the form of a contract and request a receipt that properly accounts for any paid amounts.
The Buffalo Home Show will take place March 6-8 and 13-15 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center. Show hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday as well as 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. To purchase tickets, visit the Home Show’s website.